Glossary & Acronyms¶
- app: (vs. tool)
- AVU: Attribute-Value-Unit as components for metadata.
- beta: (symbol in CyVerse apps)
-CLI: command line interface - container: A virtualization of an operating system run within an isolated user space. A running instance of and image. - CyVerse tool: Software program that is integrated into the back end of the DE for use in DE apps - CyVerse app: graphic interface of a tool made available for use in the DE
- Docker: is an open source software platform to create, deploy and manage virtualized application containers on a common operating system (OS), with an ecosystem of allied tools. A program that runs and handles life-cycle of containers and images
- git: software program for working with version control system
- GitHub: a website for hosting
- instance: a single virtul machine
- image: self-contained, read-only ‘snapshot’ of your applications and packages, with all their dependencies
- image registry: a storage and content delivery system, holding named images, available in different tagged versions
- shell: is a command line interface program that runs other programs (may be complex, technical programs or very simple programs such as making a directory). These simple, stand-alone programs are called commands.
- virtual machine: is a software computer that, like a physical computer, runs an operating system and applications
-workspace: (vs. repo)
Fix or improve this documentation: