Websites & Documentation¶
This website is rendered using a ReadTheDocs.org template. Think of RTD as “Continuous Documentation”.
ReadTheDocs has become a popular tool for developing web-based documentation. CyVerse Learning Materials Github hosts a few templates which you can view and pull for your own use.
Bookdown is an open-source R package that facilitates writing books and long-form articles/reports with R Markdown.
Confluence Wiki (CyVerse) are another tool for documenting your workflow.
Some things to remember¶
- You can pull templates from other GitHub users for your website, e.g. jekyll themes
- GitHub pages are free, fast, and easy to build, but limited in use of subdomain or URLs.
- CyVerse is paying for Confluence access.
- Integration with other platforms like Jira.
- Scripting in the Confluence Wiki is different than other platforms and may be less reprodicuble.
Build your own Website¶
- Install R and RStudio
- Install Bookdown packageinstall.packages("bookdown", dependencies=TRUE)
- Open the Bookdown demo and get started
- Create a GitHub account
- Clone the repo
- Create an
- Push it back to GitHub
Protocols.io - collaborative platform and preprint server for: science methods, computational workflows, clinical trials, operational procedures, safety checklists, and instructions / manuals.
QUBES - community of math and biology educators who share resources and methods for preparing students to tackle real, complex, biological problems.
Fix or improve this documentation: